Whether you need a space for residential or commercial purposes, Mini U Storage wants to make the experience easier for you. Below are some tips that will save you time and prevent you from paying for more space than you need.
- When packing, especially smaller objects, try to completly fill the boxes. Use newspaper or towels to fill in any empty space. This will prevent boxes from caving in when stacked.
- Remember that items such as a refrigerator provide extra space for storing smaller objects.
- Break down any item possible, such as the legs of a table. This will allow you to store the table on end to save more space.
- Use the drawers in your furniture to store fragile or breakable items. The furniture will provide a much safer place than a box. You can transfer the clothes from the drawers into a bag or box, since they are not fragile.
- When storing wood furniture, use a platform to raise it off the floor to prevent any possible water damage. It is also a good idea to treat wood surfaces with a water sealer before storing.
- When storing delicate or expensive articles of clothing, use wardrobe boxes to protect and maintain the quality of the garment.
- Always store your matress flat on the ground and inside a protective plastic bag. This will protect it from damage and from becoming deformed.
- Be sure to drain out any gasoline or other fluids from any tools or equipment that you store. This will prevent a dangerous situation and any damage to your equipment.
- Always try to label boxes. This will allow you to easily locate a specific item, and keep you organized.
- Please do not store any hazardous materials such as paint, stains, or other chemicals.
- When storing boxes of files, be sure to create aisles so you're able to get around, allowing you to locate what you need quickly and easily.
- To avoid the deterioration of important or old documents and records, be sure to use a climate controlled environment. If necessary, use a dehumidifier as well to protect your documents. Click here to see if the facility nearest you has climate controlled storage.
- When storing furniture, such as chairs, try to stack if possible. If you cannot stack the furniture, use the space underneath (of a table or chairs) to keep other items.
- To keep your important documents safe, please use a strong lock. Remember that we sell high quality disc locks at all of our locations.